Clearly those horrible Monster Socks are going to be completed (one way or another) today. So, what next? Should I continue in the spirit of Socktoberfest and do more socks? I can’t do any more plain socks. I just can’t. Or I could continue in completion mode. Or do something else entirely…
- a new cast on sock
- plain – more Magic Loop practice
- lace – for the fix
- toe-up – for the spirit of Socktoberfest – crack the skill
- Pick up a WIP sock
- #1 Husband – oh, so overdue
- Mingus – pretty, pretty socks for me
- Thorfinn – my own invention, intended for boat journeys – so not pressing in any way
- Warning! – the mixed recipe socks with Second Sock Syndrome
- Pick up another WIP
- Down Among the Dunes – Morning Surf wrap is kind of in active progress
- Rainbow Swallowtail – want that finished!
- the other Swallowtail – not a priority
- the BSJ – due in mid-December
- or any one of many partially started projects
- Start something new
- fingerless gloves for Mr L
What’s it to be?
I am tempted to scale the personal mountain and try the toe-up sock yet again. But I really want to do something soft and wispy and lacy. I know that what I should do is to clear the sock WIP pile in what remains of October. But that’s a bit dull. I will probably end up doing a deal with myself and line up two projects: one worthy and sensible and another for light relief, and knit them concurrently.