So far this morning:
- Overnight panic re: amount of tiles ordered, allayed (65 sq metres)
- dogs fed
- dogs exercised
- humans breakfasted
- Washing up done
- cat trays done
- five sacks of rubbish put out
- door between kitchen and utility room removed
- kitchen table dismantled
- somebody allowed their clients to wind them up and raise blood pressure
- Mugs, kettle, coffee etc. moved up to office
- Brunhilde’s water tank filled
- Brunhilde’s electricity hooked up
- Brunhilde’s water boiler failed to light
- problem at #9 fixed
- emergency Matalan order placed for quantities of socks (him), underwear (us), leggings (me) and polo shirts (him). Managed (just) to reach free postage level (£50) – you get a lot for your dosh at Matalan.
- panic re: possible breakage of electric drill
- Panic allayed – drill ready to mix adhesive
- Adhesive, bucket etc. brought in to house
- adhesive trowel found to be lost
- adhesive trowel searched for
- adhesive trowel found
I missed my Monday Outlook photo this morning – not easy to carry a camera, a sheet and five full bin bags, even with assistance enlisted.
Almost lunch time, and work has only just begun!
Lunch will be a quick affair of soup (rescued from the chest freezer when we turfed it out) and toast. I am about to go out to sort out Brunhilde’s kitchen facilities. I may linger.
Tonight I am planning pasta-in-the-van, with a white wine and cream sauce and scallops with salad. After tonight, I cannot claim to have any level of organisation or planning at hand. The pub may see a lot of our custom this week, though I am anxious to avoid over-chippage. I get a little freaky if forced to consume chips two days running…