- Absolutely no resolutions around here!
- Undoubtedly ’09 will be the Year of Stash Busting
- A safe prediction therefore is that there will be socks. The sock yarn stash is sizable. Enough for a pair a month without having recourse to new purchases, that’s for sure.
- Otherwise, I predict a shift to multi-skein projects.
- Probably involving greater challenge
- I also see a move towards clearing the WIPs pile and having fewer live projects at any one time. This may be a whole-year project, but the pile will come under control at some point.
- There will be more spin-to-knit as there is fleece stash to bring under control, as well as yarn.
Socks I would like to knit next year include:
All depends on matching stash to pattern effectively, of course, and I fear I have insufficient solid yarns and also insufficient broad striping yarns to achieve most of these projects. I may be facing a year of “Simple Socks” !
Of course, I have socks on the needles for completion and I may not be rid of those for several months yet. There’s plenty of variety in those – Pomatomus, and Mingus in particular offer a few twists and turns.