I had a plan.
I thought I made it a week ago. It took ages to find it. Here it is, from March 4th:
Decision time. I definitely have castonitis. But I also feel a strong urge to clear some WIPs. I have so many wonderful patterns queued, and lots of gorgeous yarn, and I feel them tugging at me. But I also crave the glow of casting off.
What to do?
- Do the second Dragon Scale mitt for a quick smug fix and a Completed tag. Easy Peasy.
- Finish Kenaz, and get felting. Also Easy Peasy – – Lemon Squeezy, in fact.
- Prioritise the #1 Husband sock for completion.
- Continue with new hat project
- Continue with freeform project Beachcomber with aim to complete by end of week.
I am very unenthusiastic about the sock projects that I have going. I have lots queued that I do want to do but I do think I should complete at least the Kindling (as a practice Firestarter) and the Green and Grrowlly #1 Husband socks before casting on any new socks at all. I shall relegate Thorfinn to the Hibernation bed, as it was never intended to be a thoroughly live project and is strictly boat knitting. I am also officially hibernating the Lead or Follow scarf until there is more good light to work in than we have at this time of year.
That gets my WIPS down to just the top row on my Ravelry projects (yes, I know that I cheated), with a real chance of completing 3 or 4 projects by the end of next week.
I will allow myself a maximum of one cast on project for each two completions until the hibernation bed comes under control as well.
So, what actually happened?
I cheated and got rid of WIPs by hibernating them (Thorfinn, Swallowtail, Kindling, Warning!, Where You Lead, Cascading Leaves).
I completed knitting the Dragon Scale Mitts and the Kenaz bag/pouch. I cast on and completed the Spring Cap and the Noro Hat. I also cast on a Lace Ribbon Scarf, which is 50% done. I cast on some Firestarters about six times but so far no real progress there!
Current WIPs: Beachcomber (No progress), Mr Plumbum’s Grreen and Grrowlly Socks (No progress), The Antidote (progressing wonderfully fast) There are also a couple of secret WIPs – things on needles that haven’t become proper projects yet because I am still undecided about their potential.
Finishing and felting: not done – Dragon Scale mitts, Kenaz bag, and Spring Cap all require attention.
New resolutions for this next week:
Knitting priorities, in order:
- Mr Plumbum’s Socks – make progress, for completion in April
- Firestarters – TRY to get a toe completed without ripping it out again. I still want to knit a pair by the end of March (!!!) Ok. I’ll settle for one completed sock by month end
- The Antidote – make progress, no hurry for completion but this will likely be first as it is fast and easy
- Beachcomber – complete, no deadline but I want to know how it will turn out
Other priorities, in order:
- Finishing and Felting – complete Dragon Scale Mitts and Kenaz bag. Absolute deadline!
- Spinning: currently spinning a grey and dark red merino/mohair blend with an aim of completing this week. Targeted at more Dragon Scale Mitts
- Dyeing: Dye Cheviot and Lleyn skeins
- Needle Felting: complete the pieces begun in the last week
- Cast on: probably the Fountain Hat. Maybe nothing. We’ll see.
Nothing immediately. Soon, maybe… WARNING! and maybe Where You Lead. In April/May: Cascading Leaves Shawl and recycle the yarn from the ill-fated Moorburn Firestarters.
Overall? Things look likely to come into a sensible order over the next few weeks if I can maintain productivity. I still need to aim for the 2:1 completion:cast on ratio.
Realistically? I’ve set too many targets for the coming week!