I’m sorry. What can I say? It has been a dull week – nothing to talk about at all.
My week has mainly been spent in preparing a pint pot to accept a quart of stuff this weekend. Yes, I have been tidying, rationalising, junking stuff, and making space. There is now more visible space in my room than there has been for a long time. Tomorrow it will all be taken up, but this afternoon I took advantage of the space created and had a blocking day. One matinée jacket, one pair of socks and one shawlette (horrible word!) are stretched taught in the hope that the damp atmosphere will finally dissipate and allow them to dry. For now, it is still weeing down outside.
I’ve just stuck some marrowfat peas to soak – we plan to have takeaway tomorrow night and my mushy peas are so much nicer than the ones that can be had from the takeaway. I hate takeaway nights but the plan of work tomorrow does not really allow for cooking time.
Progress on the DIY front:
- a new home has been found for the Rayburn Royal. I am very pleased about this.
- the copper pipe needed for closing the system after the disconnection of the Rayburn arrived today.
- the front porch has been cleared
- my room has been made magically larger so that the sofa etc. can migrate up here
- the doors and windows are ordered and due for delivery in the first week of August
- the slate floor tiles are on their way
- the underfloor heating kit has arrived
- small progress has been made in tidying the utility room
This weekend is for shopping, clearing out the garage (as should have happened last weekend), emptying the sitting room end of the new Big Room, and disconnecting the Rayburn. I’ll make further progress on the utility room whilst Mr L does his plumbing work.
See? I told you – DULL. So very dull that I could scream.