It’s a dreich day. Comfort levels are low, so I am awa’ to the conservatory with my wheel and some bright merino to spin.
The Super Secret socks are all finished and ready for their bath and subsequent transatlantic journey.
- Finish sample socks âˆš
- Complete Joshaqan socks
- Finish the RED! swirly thing
- Complete Flambe shawl (the blue blob) (progressing)
- Finish Hap shawl (UFO reduction)
- Finish Aestlight Shawl (UFO reduction) (may not be possible)
- Spin orange pencil roving to 400 metres finished yarn (progressing)
- Spin BFL natural roving to 400 metres finished yarnÂ
- Spin 2 skeins from raw fleece in time for the annual show (oh, my!) (need to card some fleece)
- Knit Catkin
- Graft Antalya hat in time for the annual show (UFO reduction)
- Start July socks
- Start new handspun weaving
- Evenstar (UFO reduction)
- Jubilee (UFO reduction)
- Sugar Plum Fairy (UFO reduction)
- Fit in some time on the sock yarn blankie
One tick. ONE. It’s not much progress, is it?
I’m happy to put #2 on hold for a while. #4 is likely to come before #3 and #7 and #8 before #5 and #6… Actually, #6 may be a problem.
I did spend time on #7 yesterday. Gill came round and did some carding and some spinning while ‘ers an’ mine played together with Land Rovers at her house and I worked on the orange merino roving. Later on we all gathered here and I made a roast chicken dinner. What? Oh, very tasty, thank you. Pud was good – I made a white chocolate torte and served it with nectarines, strawberries and passion fruit. There’s none left 🙁
There were other visitors yesterday – from America and one of the ladies bought all my remaining Shetland Tweed handspun. Now I think I am short for completion of the Aestlight. Ah well, business is business. But what shall I enter in The Show if I cannot complete the shawl?
There’s a further hiccup in the schedule. The new Knitty is out. Hunter has a sock pattern in Knitty and it is absolutely gorgeous and I want to knit them for Mr L and now Hunter has a KAL running… So. Do I do the June Silk Road Socks or do I cast on for Mr L and make him some Inlay socks.
I shall decide later. The wheel is calling my name!
PS there is not much else in this edition of Knitty that I fancy all that much –Â but I am a little drawn to Darrin