A new project that I started on Friday on a whim, propelledÂ by the need to rest a while from the HAP edging…
This project makes me very happy indeed. We are past the mid-point and it seems likely that we will see this scarf again this week –Â so long as it dries in time for beauty shots.
The colour in the photograph is not good – the yarn (Knit Picks Shimmer in Fennel) is much greener than it appears here.
- Joshaqan sock – no progress since last Wednesday
- Senneh sock — queuing still behind Joshaqan
- Hap shawl – edging still poised to turn the second corner
- Orange Pencil Roving – barely made progress at the weekend
- Corriedale/Romney – ditto
- Red swirly thing – glaring balefully at me from its place in the UFO heap
I need to ply the orange thing as Gill wants the Traveler to play with for a while so… I’ll take it to spinning group today instead of the raw fleece spinning that I had hoped to be doing at the demo. I shall most likely put both wheels in the car, so I have both projects to hand.
We’ve had a Cake Disaster – the result of my trying to be clever yesterday afternoon. I made a kind of chocolate ginger pancake. Would most likely be very good with custard upon it but… sigh.
OK – the coming week has few targets as Super Secret Things are afoot. However:
- Ply orange singles
- Complete the plying of the Zwartble/Mohair project
- Finish Icing
- Finish Hap edging
- Wash and block Hap and Icing
That’s actually a lot to fit in around the Secret Stuff. I think I can do it — despite being sent to town on Friday (beer supplies are endangered) and classes commencing on Tuesday. (I never learn, do I?)