Dyeing experiments

Today, instead of spinning, we dyed raw fleece. Between cake-eating and chatter, we managed only one experiment – but there is plenty of dye powder left.  I have photos of the wet dyed fleece, but failed to take photos of the process. I’ll be trying more experiments in the next couple of days, to use up the dye powder before it gets damp. I’ll take photos and post up the method once I have them all ready.




In brief: we rainbow-dyed, using red, blue, and yellow shades of Dylon all purpose dye – plus hot water, washing up liquid, and vinegar, and we used my preserving pan. The fleece was a local white fleece, thought to be Shetland (or part Shetland.) More later, right now I have a migraine cranking up.