Things have been a bit hectic. Brief summary follows. Expanded notes, as appropriate, to comeâ€¦
- I did go to town last Wednesday. Most of the shops that I wanted to go to were shut. I therefore failed to obtain new needles for the man sweater and it is not yet started. Needles coming, via eBay. Knitted on the Francie sock in both directions on the ferry. Got to the heel and put it to sleep.
- Woke with fearful migraine at 3am Thursday. Dosed self. Slept until 13:30hrs and found it somewhat improved on waking. Received news that Sock Innovation was finally on its way so woke up the Francie sock sooner than expected. Realised need to complete this pair before can knit Cookie goodies. Quite easy knitting for migraine-ridden heads, actually.
- Friday still with migraine. Finished Francie sock #1. Began to knit a humbug. Still need to knit sock #2.
- Saturday still with migraine. Finished filling my bobbin and plyed skein. Looks lovely. Other half of roving still to do.
- Sunday. Ironing. Baked cake as exhibition of support for Mr L. Sponge cake. With lemon curd and whipped cream (in PS4 Yellow mode!) Too big, so took some to SpinningGill â€“ and collected my new drum carder from her at same time as admiring lambsâ€¦
- Monday, kissed Mr L goodbye for a week. Worked on presentation for Thursday night. Sock Innovation arrived. Still awaiting 3mm needles for man sweater. Assembled: drum carder, competition lazy Kate, Turkish drop spindle.
Thatâ€™s it. You are up to speed. Flesh on the bones of some of this later on.