I was totally seduced by the Paton’s Jet that maddy18 gave me. When I found that I couldn’t knit any of my “hit list” projects while bandaged from finger to shoulder, I realised that something on big fat needles would be much more appropriate – and this yarn knits on 5.5mm – lovely.
I cast it on in bed last night while we did crosswords and listened to the radio. And I got almost all the way to the crown. Today was a snowy-do-nothing kind of day, which made it easy to romp through to the end of the project.
- Cast on Date: February 7th, 2009
- Cast on: Long Tail
- Pattern: The Amanda Hat by Gina House
- Pattern Price: Free
- Yarn: Paton’s Jet
- Quality: 30% Alpaca 70% Wool
- Weight: Bulky
- Length: 74 metres per 50g ball
- Price: gifted by maddy18
- Amount: just over 1 ball (68 gms)
- Colour: 7 – a subtle mix of reds and russets, with gold
- Needles: 5.5 mm
- Stitches: as written
- Pattern Repeats: as written
- Blocked: No
- Finished Size: n/a
- Cast Off: n/a
- Cast Off Date: February 8th, 2009
- Ravelry Project: Snow Day Amanda
It was a quick romp – easy knitting from a well-presented pattern. The yarn was more hairy than I expected, less soft in the knitting than might have been hoped for, but the finished hat is nice and cuddly – not at all harsh.