Last night in bed I realised how great I was feeling. I have had an interesting old week of it and it has left me feeling
at the very least.
- been to a drawing class and had my very limited abilities thoroughly taxed
- designed and knitted a second pattern for handspun yarn
- spun some incredibly fine 3ply yarn
- conquered a knitting pattern that had been giving me grief
- experimented with a new recipe and produced some very tasty goodies
- installed a new HD and Windows 7 and updated my applications, learning and updating skills along the way
- been to a photography class and produced a photoset of 17 images
- made a new web site/blog
There is a down side – I find myself wanting stuff that I cannot afford (lenses, tripod, lights etc. etc.) and I have also fallen down on promises made to myself early in the week — yes, I foolishly believed that it would be possible to draw something every day. No, I have drawn nothing since the class on Tuesday. I will try harder today. I will.
This coming week I am absolutely going to have to rise earlier and fit more into my days – time is just running away from me. I need to do the daily drawing. I need to figure out my photo assignment and actually do it. I need to do more drum carding/spinning/UFO completion. All this and I have some learning objectives that I have set for myself as well – and I plan to bring that together in the new blog with a few posts and some links research etc. I also want to develop the blog with a few plugins that are presently challenging my coding abilities. So, add PHP to my list of learning objectives too…
An interesting week, indeed — and it would seem that life is set to become ever more interesting in the coming weeks.
There is new yarn in the mail today. I have not opened it yet – I’m going to try to get a decent photograph and display it on Tuesday, but Monday is earmarked for a big trip to town. We shall have to see how the time goes.