It’s the 1st February andÂ that means that the Pay It Forward giveaway is now closed. I hope that the concept remains and would urge readers to consider making a similar offer on their own blog space when they have the resources to do so. It’s good to give.
There were thirteen commenters in the thread:
- Chris and Kari opted out, asking not ot be included in the giveaway
- Donna, Erika and Muoriska commented int he thread but not apparently as entries
- One commenter is a clear attempt at entry, but failed to follow the “rules” and post a tidbit of entertaining knowledge for us – so sadly, Janeen disqualified herself
- Which leaves seven bona fide entries
I used a somewhat unusual method of random selection – I wrote names on pieces of paper, sprayed the paper with catnip, scattered them about, and then observed which pieces of paper attracted the cats to them first.
Treacle chose: Kirsty’s item regarding commemorative equine statuary. When I took this off him, he chose the alternative of Barbara’s information about knitting bloggers (Oh, we are so common!)
Teddy chose: beautyredefined’s astronomical nugget. He was very reluctant to let it go and I have the marks to prove it.
Congratulations, ladies. I shall be emailing you to notify your win, which is unconfirmed at this stage. Please let me know what you would like me to make for you.
As a reminder:
- I will first check your blog to see that you have posted a PIF giveaway before confirming your winner status
- I will make something justÂ for you – your prize will not come from ready-made stock
- Your prize can be something that you request, or a surprise
- Your prize may be knitted or not-knitted (please don’t ask for crochet!)
- The item that I makeÂ for you may come from a skill I have already practised, or be something entirely new to me – I am open to challenges
- I have until the end of 2009 in which to post your prize
- I will try to make whatever you ask for me but am constrained by both time and finances – I reserve the right to substitute an alternative
- You may nominate an alternative recipient if you wish, but you remain responsible for the paying forward.
- knitted scarf/hat/socks/mitts etc.
- handspun skeins
- something felted or fulled
- hand-made stab-bound book
- set of greetings or notes cards
- set of ATCs
- something nice from my kitchen – fudge? lemon curd? anything that will keep for a few days and will post successfully.
- challenge me to get on and try paper-making – ask for my very first examples!
- ditto with paper marbling/indigo dying/cyanotype prints
- an original print from one of my photographs
- something else
Commiserations to those who were unlucky this time. Keep an eye open for more offers. (I know that I am late in getting the next giveaway Up. I’ll try to sort it out in the next couple of days.)