I had plans for a Monday Muse post today but they have been scuppered by the failure to extract images from the camera’s data card.
A pleasant evening last night – Mr L was in the sitting room,Â practising on his new keyboardÂ and so I went with my wheel to keep him company in front of the fire (fire? in late June! Orkney weather….) and I finished off the first bobbin of singles from the orange pencil roving.
I decided to chain ply it, to keep the colour progressions. Well! My chain plying clearly was not up tot he job. It works well enough on a rough and ready spin, but is clearly deficient in skill and technique when it comes to plying finely spun merino… The yarn may well have unwanted earsÂ on it. It might be thick and thin in places and the degree of plying may be a little patchy too, but none of that can detract from how beautiful the yarn is. Stunning.
I have a photo.
It remains on the card for now.
What I had planned to discuss today was the way that a knitting pattern caught my eye and inspired me to spin two yarns. Perhaps we had better leave that for a different Monday, when the technology is not acting up.
Let’s move on.
The Super Secret Socks are in the post! Today I am working on Joshaqan socks, and later on I shall be spinning orange merino.
Finish sample socks âˆš (posted)
- Complete Joshaqan socks (1st leg done)
- Finish the RED! swirly thing
- Complete Flambe shawl (the blue blob) (progressing)
- Finish Hap shawl (UFO reduction)
- Finish Aestlight Shawl (UFO reduction) (may not be possible)
- Spin orange pencil roving to 400 metres finished yarn (progressing – 1 skein plyed)
- Spin BFL natural roving to 400 metres finished yarnÂ
- Spin 2 skeins from raw fleece in time for the annual show (oh, my!) (need to card some fleece)
- Knit Catkin
- Graft Antalya hat in time for the annual show (UFO reduction)
- Start July socks
- Start new handspun weaving
- Evenstar (UFO reduction)
- Jubilee (UFO reduction)
- Sugar Plum Fairy (UFO reduction)
- Fit in some time on the sock yarn blankie
I have some items to add to my list: test knitting * 2 and a further pair of socks, so I am deleting 14, 15 and 16 and replacing them:
Evenstar (UFO reduction) Man Socks (Inlay)
Jubilee (UFO reduction) Super Secret Mitts
Sugar Plum Fairy (UFO reduction) Super Secret Wristlets
Can I get treatment for this Superwoman illusion?
Still only a single tick, you will note…