It is high time that we had a knitting update, though truthfully there has been very little actual knitting this winter.
Projects deemed to be current:
- Warriston: knitting complete, still in need of armhole grafting and other finishing tasks
- Mr L’s Sir Lancelot sweater – no further progress – back at armholes, front ribbing done
- Ripplerock – making slow but steady progress. Body now at 213 stitches, leaving five body pattern repeats to go before adding the border.
- Lady Edith’s Hooded Scarf – will also need sewing together
- The Pavonated Curl
- The pink and blue cashmere Rivington Cowl
- The Colinette kit blanket
- the Cowled Capelet to be made from Colinette leftovers
In serious need of completion:
- Windswept Shawl
- Rivulet Jacket
- Karen doily (but needs much tinking first!)
and oh, so many more UFOs and planned projects that I can’t possibly list them here and now!
My T-pins remain on the MIA list, so I am buying three more packs from Gill so that I can crack on and clear my blocking list. Given suitable weather, I hope to get everything done next week, save the blanket (which really will need a protracted spell of dry weather)
Plan of Action:
- Block the scarf, the curl and the cowl
- Finish Warriston – wash and block
- Work on Sir Lancelot when the light is good, continue the Ripplerock when things are gloomier – finish these two before starting/completing another project
- Next item to be completed: Windswept
- Next item to be started: Cowled Capelet
I shall need to do a lengthier survey soon.
In Related News:
I might have volunteered to run one or more knitting courses! Eep.