Hello, world wide woolly web readers. I am still here. Still alive and kicking. Full of busy, but never seeming to achieve anything worth noting down here. I will try harder, I promise.
Anyway – just dropped in to ask for your help. I had half a kilo of nude (white) BFL sock yarn delivered today. I want to try my hand at dyeing. I am particularly interested in semi-solids and in overdyeing techniques.
Now – I confess to being without Clue. So, can you help? Personal advice orÂ URLs for excellent (i.e. directed at idiots)Â first timer’s tutorials would be much appreciated.
- May socks (Nain) 50% done. I have one sock. ONE sock.
- May shawl/scarf thing. Not done. NOT done. NOT DONE! Am on R9 of 23 border rows and have begun to hate this thing with a vengeance.
- The yarn for the super secret sample knitting has arrived and has been wound but no swatching achieved yet
- The Zwartbles spinning has made some progress but am still on bobbin #1
- I began a new spin today on the Traveller – some left over sliver from a felting project. It is gorgeous.
That’s it. The lot. What’s happening to my productivity?
Never mind the productivity – where are the pictures? –Â that’s what we need to know.
SpinningGill is coming round shortly and we plan to spin with a bottle of wine for company as we are both without our partners this week. Mine comes home tomorrow so I must have a flurry of cleaning and tidying in the ante meridiem. Later though, I hope to ferret in the big box on the top shelf – the one marked “dyeing and paper-making” – and I shall return to detail what stocks I have and then hopefully you can proffer the advice that I am seeking.
There you are, a promise, I will be back tomorrow. There shall be A Post.
Don’t ask for much, do you?
We shall see. Wait. And see. You never know your luck.