These socks were a little late coming to fruition. I fell for them as soon as they came out in Knitty, and cast them on without delay. The first sock went well. I am not sure why they went into hibernation after that.
Knitted in Caber, a bamboo blend from The Yarn Yard. These are such pretty socks that I entered them into this year’s Industrial Show. They took a Second in the “item from 100 grams” class. Pipped by aÂ baby cardigan, made by the highly talented N.
- Cast on Date: 22nd March, 2010
- Cast on: Long tail
- Pattern: Tribute from Knitty.com
- Pattern Price: Free
- Yarn: Caber
- Quality: 75% wool, 25% bamboo
- Weight: 3ply Light Fingering
- Needles: 2.5mm circulars, magic loop
- Size: M
- Blocked: Dried on sock blockers
- Cast Off Date: 2nd August, 2010
- Ravelry Project: The Curious Peach
Really nice socks. They are far quicker and much easier than you might think from their intricate appearance – even if you have to frog half a foot, as I did when I realised that I had forgotten the error in the pattern. The foot begins on R13 of the chart, not on row 1 as stated. This I knew when I made the first sock. Don’t ask me how or why I had forgotten it by the time that I made sock #2.
At least they match now, so the frogging was worth it.