This project took a long time to come to fruition, though the actual knitting was very fast. Enjoyable knit, I would make it again. Mr L loves it. I gave him the sweater to try on for size as I finished seaming it. It took a long time to get it back from him for washing.
I love the detail on this garment – the way that the rib is defined by a garter stitch row, etc.
Less enamoured of the yarn. I think this sweater will not haveÂ a long life. I may need to patch the elbows as a precaution. Pilling is evident already. On the plus side, the sweater washed up beautifully soft and fluid and with no sign of shrinkage. In fact, the sweater grew a little with washing. I have ten balls left to play with.
Very difficult to photograph, for some reason. Main photo is pre-washing.
- Cast on Date: February 15th, 2009
- Cast on: Long Tail
- Pattern: 85-16 Pullover or Vest in Karisma Superwash
- Pattern Price: Free
- Yarn: New Lanark Donegal Silk Tweed DK Â£1.95 per 50g
- Amount: 566g (12 balls)
- Cost: Â£23.40
- Colour: Cobalt
- Needles: 4.0mm, 3.0mm
- Size: XXL
- Blocked: No – washed and dried flat after patting into shape
- Finished Size: Chest 53″
- Cast Off: Standard
- Cast Off Date: March 28th, 2009
- Ravelry Project: Drop(s) Dead Gorgeous