My first lace shawl was an Evelyn Clark, the Swallowtail (I have knitted that twice). This is my first return to Evelyn’s designs. I like this one even more than the Swallowtail and wonder why it has received so little interest in comparison. No nupps either!
Knitted as part of the All Shawl Together KAL on Ravelry’s UK-RAK group.
- Cast on Date: 4 Sep, 2009
- Pattern: Icelandic Poppy Lace Shawl by Evelyn Clark
- Pattern Price: $9.95
- Yarn: Kelpie from The Yarn Yard
- Quality: Cashmere lace
- Weight: Laceweight 900+ metres per 100g
- Length: Almost the full 470m skein
- Amount: 50g
- Cost: Â£13.31 inc p&p
- Colour: Paprika (semi-solid red)
- Needles: 3.25mm
- Pattern Repeats: As written
- Size: As written
- Blocked: Yes
- Finished Size: 52â€ wide, 27â€ deep, 37â€ along each wing
- Cast Off: Crochet
- Cast Off Date:13 Sep, 2009
- Ravelry Project: A field of red poppies
The Kelpie was beautiful to knit with and I enjoyed every meditative moment of this knit. The colour of the yarn reminded me of the faded glamour of a flea pit theatre – you know, where the red velvet of the seats has worn and faded over the decades.
Click on the thumbnails for a larger view