The ferry blanket is now a live Ravelry project – I expect it will do much hibernating over the coming months. I am just two squares into this project so far.
One of the great things about knitting is that it leaves room for thought. Sometimes simple knitting is a good thing to do in the background while the brain is actively engaged in thought in the foreground. It was in this spirit that I began my first squares this morning.
Thoughts so far:
- 31 stitch squares are very small indeed – I’m considering changing to 35 for my smallest size.
- I already know that one day I would like to make a planned version of this, purchasing harmonious shades and resulting in a work of art
- This version will be strictly a “Joseph’s Coat”
- Thank heaven I found a use for that Regia I frogged last week – it is perfect in this project
- I have another design stewing in my head
- I would like to make a story quilt to go alongside the ferry blankie
Sooooo…. if anybody is kind enough to donate scraps, or even whole balls, of sock yarn to this project – please consider telling me a little about the yarn and the project it is left over from. Maybe where the yarn came from and what prompted you to choose that colour? I would be delighted to document the squares and weave a little history into the blankie.