A quick and easy hat from Grumperina. I have been finding that my hands are cramping on small needles, so I treated them to a quick project on fat needles. I also needed a close-fitting hat for windy days as I am constant inÂ danger of losing my Urchins – and that would be tragic.
- Cast on Date: February 6th, 2009
- Cast on: Long Tail
- Pattern: Tretta Hat from Grumperina
- Pattern Price: $4
- Yarn: Hug from The Yarn Yard
- Quality: 100% Organic merino yarn
- Weight: Between sock and DK
- Length: 330m per 100g skein
- Price:I paid Â£12 for club yarn incl postage.
- Amount: about half a skein, less rather than more – hat weighs 44 g incl beads. 54 gms yarn remain.
- Colour: the December Solids Club yarn, “Crocus”
- Needles: 4.0mm
- Stitches: as written
- Pattern Repeats: as written
- Blocked: No
- Finished Size: n/a
- Cast Off: n/a
- Special Notes: Beaded – size 6/0 glass beads from regalcrafts.com
- Cast Off Date: February 6th, 2009
- Ravelry Project: Crocus Hat
Hug isnâ€™t quite a DK so this hat is a wee bit small. Very pretty, though. The beads are nice – I hooked them on as I couldnâ€™t find a needle that would thread them onto the yarn for me.
A good half skein left, so I may make another. Perhaps I’ll add a repeat.
Love theÂ warm squishiness of hug – perfect for snuggling about one’s ears.
I was interested to see the movement in the colour in the finished piece – I couldn’t see that variation in the skin, which looked unusually “flat” for a Natalie yarn. Should have maintained faith!