This page is an easy to access version of my Baking Bucket List. (See post on this subject.)
- Reminded by Backwards Lion –
Brioche . Tender crumbed, golden buttery Brioche,rich in egg and milk. For dunking in hot chocolate or café au lait or to eat with high fruit preserve… peach… apricot… passion fruit, maybe. 7/5/13
- Scottish Morning Rolls – the real deal, using mashed potato in the mix.
- Lardy Cake (I think I made one once, but can’t recall how it went)
- Danish Pastries (yes, once, at school… very dull)
- Croissants (only ever from frozen dough, sad to say)
Crumpets... or, as named where I grew up, Pikelets. 21/02/2013 Muffins.Not those over-large buns the Yanks make… these are bread goodies, for toasting on an open fire and slathering with butter, or for perching a poached egg upon for one’s tea. We like them on Saturday mornings, sandwiching some crispy streaky bacon and a few buttery mushrooms. 20/02/2013
- Rum babas (once, a long, long time ago and we were not allowed to use rum)
- Bierocks – not a life long yearning but a new intrigue. Should go well with a bottle of Dog and a game of Bar Billiards on one of our pub nights.
- Ginger Beer (no, never. ever.)
Tiger Bread(added 1/3/13)
- Baguettes 19/7/13
- List remains open