Generally feeling out of sorts this week. Not achieving very much and feeling rather unproductive.
I’m writing this Saturday Scramble on Friday evening, with a firm resolve to get busy this weekend. Today has been glorious — a real foretaste of Spring. I’m hoping to be blessed with more of the same for the weekend and be able to be out and about.
Right – on with the random bits!
- A very large parcel arrived from Approved Foods on Friday. Much hilarity was provoked by the item that Mr L had not been expecting. I had included a Â£1 lucky dip box in the order. This is what we got for our pound:sweeties, pop, juice, milk shake, crisps, peanuts and snacks – click for a larger image to see the full calorificÂ horror. My favourite has to be the Marmite cereal bar!
- The chooks have to be cleaned and sanitised this weekend. Poor weather has prevented proper cleaning in recent weeks.
- Said chooks are now providing 5 or 6 eggs a day
- There will be Cheese SoufflÃ© this weekend
- I am desperate to complete my GÃ¶rdes socks by the end of this month, but only make short progress each time that I sit down with it. At the time of writing, the gusset is not yet complete on the second sock.
- Knitting on the Ruffled Fichu this week made me very happy
- There are DIY plans afoot for the Windswept Acre and holiday has been booked for that purpose
- The sitting room is full of loom
- I am not sure what to do about 8
- Seeing the loom in front of me all the time has reminded me that I want to weave some curtains (is the woman mad?!)
- I’m thinking hand-dyed raw silk for the curtains?
- I am inspired to tackle the (rather grandly named) “conservatory” with vacuum, mop and brush.
- You would not believe the reason behind 12
- The UFO list is reduced from 41 to 31, mostly by virtue of frogging and other project-removal mechanisms. UFO Reduction update post follows after month end.
- 31 UFOs feels almost sane by comparison to the original 41
- 31 UFOs are almost few enough to actually fit together in a single storage space…
- I feel that the Weather Gods are conspiring against me in warming things up especially so that I cannot use my new Clapotis
- Something has gone Horribly Wrong with the homebrew
- Words can not express just how keenly I am looking forward to reclaiming the space currently occupied by carpet tiles in my playroom…
- …and how little I am looking forward to the physical act of painting the hall walls…
- …but anything has to be better than the ridiculous pomp and expense of a Royal Wedding
- How do you retrain a cage-trained dog to sleep without its cage?