Today is WIP Wednesday and I promised to tell a little more about the yarn I showed yesterday.
I stepped up to the line and offered to make up Asa Tricosa’s Dido Shawl. On reading the pattern I found that my stash was deficient – I had nothing like 700m of any one fingering weight yarn in a colour suitable for a lace shawl! The J&S 2ply is my solution to that shortage and I cast on this week for the Dido.
I am not finding much time to knit this week but I have managed to knit the first end border and it is ready to pick upÂ for the body stitches.
It is actually quite difficult for me to knit on a project that I did not choose out of passion. I did not expect that.
This project is supposed to be ready for Woolfest and I am sure that I can do that… and, as it is going to Woolfest — where I would love to go but cannot — I am naming it Proxy. It can go Woolfesting instead of me. Lucky old shawl.